I wonder what the King is doing tonight?

How Are The Royals Doing During This Virus Shutdown?
By Stephen Weir
No, we don’t mean Prince Charles (but we do wish him a speedy recovery) we are talk about the Kings and Queens of the Caribbean.  For the past few days we have been texting and checking the Facebook and Instagram accounts of people who have name recommendation with Caribbean Camera readers!
After communicating with more than 20 people who are currently in solitary confinement, we can tell you, that most of our Royals are just like us.  Busy on social media. Eating too much.  Exercising too little.
Jai Ojah (l) – King of Caribbean Radio - just at home de cluttering painting and walking playing my records at night. Basically my keeping in touch with friends and family. Enjoying my record collection on my turntable.
Destra, Queen of Bacchanal (r) – On Facebook, the famous Trinidadian Soca singer posted a 1970s era British comedy TV skit of a spinster who accidently sprays Crazy Glue on her crotch, soon her spinster friend Agnes accidently glues her face onto her friends knickers.  Destra then posted this: “Take your precautions, and be careful. But don’t forget to laugh at least once everyday!!!”
Calypso Rose (l), the 80-year old Calypso Queen Mother, in France posted a message about a failed tour. “In France ready for my spring tour but following the events that we all undergo, my dates are postponed soon. I cannot wait to see you again! In the meantime, pay attention to yourself. One Love. CR.”
Queen Macoomeh   (Nathalie Taghaboni)  – Publisher and author (Tales From Icebox Land) Born in Port of Spain, raised in Toronto, she now lives outside of Cleveland, Ohio. Her professional writing began in 2001 as a columnist for Share.
“Today is my first day working from home. As a "linch-pin" employee, they wanted to quarantine me.  And yes, behind the scenes I am trying my best to write a new novel.”
“When am I coming back to Toronto? I was supposed to be there for a May wedding...that has now been postponed. I have no idea, Stephen. I don't know if anyone has any idea.”
Joella Crichton (l) – Canada’s most winning Queen of the Carnival and successful Toronto actress.
“ Good of you to bring some light and happiness during this difficult time. Currently I am practicing social distancing at my home in Scarborough. Since the outbreak began, I have been unable to work as I am an actor and the entertainment industry has been shut down. I also had an upcoming show with Canadian Stage in High Park this summer that has been
cancelled. It’s been a tough go so far but I am keeping my energy up by staying active indoors doing workouts on zoom with my cousins, going for walks, and keeping in touch with other performers reading plays and practicing online. Lots has moved online and it’s exciting to see everyone continue to find ways to create. I’ve also been keeping busy by trying to do something creative everyday.
I believe this has helped me develop a deeper love for my family and friends but also a deeper gratitude for my life and my health. All is well!
Miss World  (r) -
Jennifer Hosten
Jennifer Hosten (Winner 1970 Miss World for Grenada and former Canadian ambassador to Bangladesh), was in England last week attending the premier of Misbehaviour the new movie of her life.  What was the Oakville resident doing yesterday? According to Facebook she was staying indoors wondering when the movie would be shown in Canada!
King of Soca (l) – Machel Montano - Recently married in Trinidad, Montano, is taking time recover from Carnival and his wedding.  The Camera received a picture of him cutting coconuts and a message that he just posted on Facebook – “Resting is vital so we do not exhaust all of our life force energy. Many of us experienced some type of exhaustion, maybe without knowing it. This is when all of our energy has depleted and left our body empty of fuel. Acknowledging and recovering from this is so important. So take the time to rest.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America Wild. The name of a movie, a metaphor for the star!

No Butts About It (although judges liked his Butt!). Mr. CHIN Bikini chosen today

Trinidad and Tobago Kidnap Movie Kills At Box Office