Last poem of the Semester - Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, Jumpin' Jack Flash, The Queen and Me

Mick Jagger Gets No Satisfaction from Clichés

(Windsor U creative writing assignment 2021)

SIDE ONE

I don’t usually go outdoors in Windsor carrying loaded heat

It came in handy savin’ Mick as he was getting mugged in the street

Gotta reveal that Mr. Jagger ain’t no Street Fighting Man

But, as I sewed him up I knew I was still a huge huge fan.


“Sorry ‘bout the Sticky Fingers; Just Let It Bleed my mate.”

Start Me Up. Gotta make tonight’s Cobo concert date”

“I won’t be your Beast of Burden this night of painful ‘fun’

“Next time in Windsor I’ll tell ya what really needs to be done!”


Let’s Spend the Night Together. No, I am not his date

Jesus Jack,  my pal.  Looks like Mick Jagger is arriving late.

And listen Jumping Jack, he will demand that you jiggle,

So limber up and be ready to leap up high and wiggle.


He said something ‘bout painting this door red, Jack.

No Fucking way, Jagger and I are going to Paint It Black!

Or maybe we will just sit and roll these Tumbling Dice,

Yeah, Time Is On My Side, winning his money would be nice.


                                        SIDE TWO


"Almost time to chow down", I said, as we waited for Mick’s knock.

Could hear his vintage Rolls Royce roaring down the block.

Mick never eats salad, he says Rolling Stones gather no moss,

Chunky Goats’ Head Soup, for sure; I will                                                           break out dental floss.


Suddenly the door opens. Mick saunters into my room.

Gimme Some Shelter and for my Honky Tonk Women too!”

Wild Horses Won’t Keep Me Away” sings big lips Mick.

Dance, Little Sister, Dance, and damn well make it quick.”


I Ain’t Too Proud to Beg for a fast dirty twirl,

He is a great hoofer, but really wished he was a girl.

You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” I sigh,

Dream he is Lady Gaga as I grab his  tiny thigh.


“Listen Stephen it’s a bit of a Zinger”

“I need a biggie” states the famous singer.

“Charlie Watts Got Off His Cloud back in the summer,

He is on the wrong side of the sod now, it’s a bummer.”



Mick and Charlie (r)

Jagger told me Watts had been secretly buried in Dieppe Garden,

And that the Queen commanded Mick to bury a medal and a pardon.

I know I am about to Play With Fire for Liz,

It must be part of the Rockin' 'N' Rollin' biz.

 

“ Queen is Shattered. Wanted to present while he still banged a snare.”

I took the OBE medal box and ask Why me? Mick don’t you care?

Suspicious press are always staking out near the grave site.

Can you plant it there for me, the Queen and Charlie tonight?”

 

I left the house and returned covered in sod and dirt,

Mick and the Rolls were gone, and I was feeling hurt.

I told Jack I’d dug up Watts and maybe I was dumb,

No one was looking so I put the medal Under His Thumb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

America Wild. The name of a movie, a metaphor for the star!

No Butts About It (although judges liked his Butt!). Mr. CHIN Bikini chosen today

Trinidad and Tobago Kidnap Movie Kills At Box Office